Put your passion, talent and creativity to work.
You should join because:
• You have a passion for the arts, and a desire to work with personal impact to help the cultural sector thrive locally, especially post pandemic.
• Facilitating the local arts and culture sector is a crucial part of ensuring that Northern Ireland is an attractive and enjoyable place to live, work and play, both now and in the future.
• You want to develop your leadership skills in a totally different, creative environment
• You want to gain non-executive board experience
• Peers in your industry who have participated all agree the experience has been profoundly enjoyable and rewarding
• You want to extend your network and form relationships with likeminded individuals
Chair, Bruiser Theatre Company and Facilitator of Young Professionals on Arts Boards training
"In terms of why you should apply to the Young Professionals on Arts Board programme, I can say that it has been an incredible experience in my development; it’s an opportunity to do something different to the day to day, to develop your interpersonal skills, to add a string to your bow, and also have fun whilst doing it."
"The Young Professionals on Arts Boards programme provided a perfect opportunity to apply and develop my professional skills at an arts organisation. The programme provides an excellent insight into challenges faced by the arts sector and how you can add your voice and input into an organisation from appointment to a board."
• A one-to-one diagnostic session with the A&BNI team. This consultation will discuss your personal passions and career objectives, capturing SMART data to enable successful board placement.
• Four Good Governance training sessions to provide an introduction to the arts sector and insight into strategies for successful governance, clearly outlining the legal and moral requirements placed upon a non-executive board member. Specifically developed for this initiative, this training allows for peer-to-peer learning and develops confidence to ensure participants engage fully in board business.
• Facilitated opportunities to join the board of an arts or cultural organisation across Northern Ireland.
• A Board Buddy to help with induction and orientation within the arts organisation. This individual may be a successful Young Professionals alumni who can help advise on the process from personal experience.
• Ongoing support, advice and guidance on governance, board development and changes in charity law for the duration of your board term from the team at Arts & Business NI.
• Access to a full year’s calendar of A&BNI’s cultural and networking events, designed to allow you to form connections and build your business and art sector knowledge. You will be invited to the annual A&BNI Governance Conference, scheduled for Autumn 22, which will include a dedicated break out session for Young Professionals.
Business members of Arts & Business NI can access a preferential rate to participate in our Young Professionals on Arts Boards programme - please speak to us about business membership. Costs are payable only upon acceptance into the programme.
£450 + VAT per participant (Arts & Business NI Member rate)
£500+ VAT per participant (non - A&BNI Member rate)
Costs are payable only upon acceptance into the programme.
• Applicants will be aged between 21 and 35.
• Applicants will have leadership experience which may include project management.
• Applicants will be located in Northern Ireland.
Arts & Business NI believes board diversity means having a mix of people on a cultural board who have the relevant skills, knowledge, lived and learned experience and background to do the job well and that the mix is representative of the community served and society as a whole.
We would like to encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences including candidates who identify as LGBTQIA+, have a disability or are neurodiverse, or are from a visible minority ethnic background.
To be considered for inclusion in the Young Professionals 2022 programme, please complete the application form, and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV, by 12pm on Friday 1st July 2022.
For further details and any questions, please contact Maeve McKervey email@example.com 028 90735151
Please fill in our Board Matching form here. We will use this to understand the skillsets you require, and we will be able to ascertain if we can facilitate a candidate match that fits your needs.
Take a look at Board Bank, our placement programme for more experience business professionals here.
We would like to thank Carson McDowell for their ongoing support of Young Professionals on Arts Boards through pro-bono expertise and training.
This programme is subsidised by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland.
Arts & Business NI is generously supported by The Arts Council of Northern Ireland.